The Certificates available at The English Academy Dublin come with worldwide recognition
Where will they take you?
Cambridge English Language Assesment (part of the University of Cambridge) offers the world's leading range of certificates for learners and teachers of English - taken by over 3 million people in 130 countries each year. They help people gain entrance to university or college, improve job prospects or measure progress in English. More than 20,000 employers, universities and government bodies around the world recognise Cambridge English qualifications.
The Cambridge English General English suite of exams has a wide choice of certificates, reflecting the very different needs and abilities of people, from basic exams for those beginning to learn English, through to advanced certificates for those who have attained a high level of fluency.
These certificates never expire, and will not need to be renewed — they are an achievement for life and are recognised around the world.
Every year more than 3 million people take our tests to further their plans for work, study, travel or living in another country ... where will they take you?
Cambridge (General) English Exams – Which one is right for you?
KET (Key English Test) (Pre-intermediate level, CEFR A2, ALTE Level 1)
Preliminary (PET - Preliminary English Test) (Intermediate level, CEFR B1, ALTE Level 2)
FIRST (FCE - First Certificate in English) (Upper-intermediate level, CEFR B2, ALTE Level 3)
ADVANCED (CAE - Certificate in Advanced English) (Advanced, CEFR C1, ALTE Level 4)
PROFICIENCY (CPE - Certificate of Proficiency in English) (Proficiency, CEFR C2, ALTE Level 5)
Computer-based testing: The same exam — the same Cambridge certificate
Cambridge English exams are increasingly available to be taken as a computer-based test.
Students can register with The English Academy Exam Centre as little as 1 or 2 weeks before taking the exam.
There are a number of other benefits to computer-based testing:
- Faster access to results, with scores available to be seen online just two weeks after the test
- Many students are more comfortable completing a test with a keyboard and mouse rather than paper and pen
- Test takers can edit their answers on screen during the exam, highlight, cut & paste etc
- The use of headphones for the listening elements of tests mean that they can adjust the volume to suit their needs
- Online timer and help functions allow candidates to get the best from their exam performance.
If you are considering taking a computer-based test, remember:
- The computer-based test is another choice in how you take our exams — it does not replace the paper and pen test. Other than the method of completing them, the exams are exactly the same, and they both lead to the same internationally recognised Cambridge English certificate. The security of computer-based exams is protected by state-of-the-art encryption and an on screen lock-down facility.
- Key English Test (KET) (Pre-intermediate level, CEFR A2, ALTE Level 1)
- Preliminary English Test (PET) (Intermediate level, CEFR B1, ALTE Level 2)
- First Certificate in English (FCE) (Upper-intermediate level, CEFR B2, ALTE Level 3)
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) (Advanced, CEFR C1, ALTE Level 4)
- Certificate in Proficiency (CPE), (Proficiency, CEFR C2, ALTE Level 5)
- BEC, (Business Preliminary, Vantage or Higher, CEFR B1 to C1)
How To Register
Test your level
Take our free assesment test - Test your current level and see which Cambridge English Exam is the right exam for you. Either email us or if you are already in Dublin call into the School. On completion of our assessment we will give you free impartial advice on the best exam for you.
Contact us at The English Academy for the latest information on
- Registration dates and times.
- Exam dates.
- Preparation courses.
Enrol on a preparation course!
The English Academy Dublin has full-time preparation courses for all exams at a choice of time (Morning, afternoon or evening). We also have part-time evening courses. All our teachers are Irish and qualified with an average of 15 years experience each. They are also trained Cambridge ESOL examiners. We know what is required to pass the Cambridge exams! You can rely on us.
Take the exam!
Once you have decided to take a Cambridge English Exam, you are one step closer to achieving your dreams and ambitions. Your Cambridge English Exam will be taken right here in The English Academy itself in our state of the art Examination Hall or Computer Lab.
Pass the exam with flying colours with the help of The English Academy Dublin!
Dates & Prices
|Cambridge English Examination||Price|
|KET (Key English Test) - paper and computer based||€125|
|PET (Preliminary English Test) - paper and computer based - 11 sept, 14 Nov||€125|
|FCE (First Certificate in English) - paper and computer based- 25 Sept, 17 Oct||€165|
|CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) - paper and computer based - 19 Sept, 17 Oct||€175|
|CPE (Certificate in Proficiency in English)- 2nd Oct||€185|